Are you doing your part for the environment?
Okay, so you know that your old heating and cooling equipment is lousy for the environment. But do you know just how bad it really is? To give you an idea: your old-fashioned hot water tank alone – all by itself – produces about half the carbon emissions of the average car! Add the emissions from your cranky old furnace and your noisy old air conditioners, and you’re really racking up the CO2.
Replacing your old carbon-belching heaters, air conditioners, and hot water heaters with new high-efficiency models is a great thing to do for the planet, no question about it. Installing new high-efficiency equipment will give you some serious bragging rights next time you get together with your environmentally-minded friends and neighbors;
but there’s more than that. High-efficiency equipment isn’t only good for the planet and your reputation. It’s also great for you and your family.
Here’s how new high-efficiency equipment will benefit you:
• You’ll save money. Heating and cooling is the biggest expense on your utility bill and may account for as much as half of your home’s total energy use. Upgrading to a new, high-efficiency heating and cooling system can make a big difference to your energy bills – you can save as much as $200 a year, depending on where you live.
• You’ll be a lot more comfortable in your home. A new heating and cooling system will get rid of those annoying hot and cold spots in your house, and will properly remove humidity from the air.
• You’ll have more enjoyable showers. A new, properly insulated water heater will offer more reliable hot water with less waiting, even in the middle of the winter.
• You’ll breathe better – and your home will smell better. New systems can remove 95% of airborne dust, pollen, odors, tobacco, and cooking particles. That is a boon to allergy sufferers, and also keeps your house smelling better.
• Your equipment will last longer. Old, inefficient systems tend to stop and start a lot, which is hard on the mechanical elements. A properly-sized high-efficiency system will run more consistently and last longer.
Another way you can help yourself and the environment is by purchasing less bottled water. Although its convenient to purchase bottles of water on the go, the excess plastic is actually harmful for the environment; besides the main reason we purchase bottled water is for its purity, yet research proves this water isn’t as clean as we think. In addition the process required to manufacture bottled water is detrimental to our environment. What many don’t know, is that most bottled water is just filtered tap water, which you can achieve simply by using our reverse osmosis system or our whole home carbon filter. Not only will this save you from spending money on bottled water, but you’ll also be helping the environment. Bottom line, filtering your own water at home better for your health and your pockets.
Our Nest Thermostat, often overlooked as a minor appliance, can actually result in significantly reduced energy consumption and savings. These thermostats use cutting edge technology to ensure that your heating and cooling equipment is only used when needed. Replacing your regular water heater for a tankless water heater is also a great investment. This water heater only heats the amount of what you need, when you need it.
These are just a few ways to save you money while contributing to a cleaner environment. We encourage you to take advantage of our cost free assessment and have one of our highly trained professionals give you the advice you need to make a positive impact on the environment.